Everything You Need to Know About the Real Estate Market in Les Arcs
The resort of Les Arcs has much to offer, and is attracting an increasing number of property buyers. Follow Cimalpes' comprehensive guide to the property market of this iconic resort.
An exceptional resort
Since its construction in the late 1960s, Les Arcs has built a global reputation. Thanks to its strong identity and vast ski area, the resort attracts both French and international clientele who come to enjoy a holiday here.
Did you know ? About 30% of visitors to the French Alps are from other countries, a figure which has doubled in the last ten years, with Les Arcs a perfect example of this trend for many years.
The resort is made up of four individual villages high in the mountains above the town of Bourg-Saint-Maurice. In order of height, the villages are Arc 1600, Arc 1800, Arc 1950 and Arc 2000.
Situated in the heart of the Tarentaise valley, Les Arcs is easily accessible thanks to the international train station at Bourg-Saint-Maurice which is served by TGV, OUIGO, THALYS and TER trains. From the train station, the funicular takes you directly to the resort in just a few minutes. The journey is free if you show your train ticket.
Did you know ? The journey time by rail from Paris to Les Arcs is five hours
Les Arcs is a two and a half hour drive from Lyon, an hour and twenty minutes from Albertville, and just under two hours from Chambéry. By owning a property in Les Arcs, you can have frequent and easy access to the Paradiski area with its 425 kilometres of marked runs. No matter where in the resort you choose to invest, there is a free shuttle service to take you to the slopes.
Clearly Defined Buyer profiles
The ski area is always an important factor when deciding to invest in a property in the mountains, and families looking for a large interconnected ski area are drawn to Les Arcs. Second home owners in Les Arcs generally prefer to use their properties during the winter season.
Did you know ? In general, 76% of skiers ski with their families. This multi-generational activity is a great way to spend time together enjoying the mountains.
Visitors to Les Arcs enjoy the liveliness of the resort and the diverse range of activities on offer. People who invest in properties here are often snowsports enthusiasts who enjoy the mountain lifestyle. French buyers are usually from Paris, Lyon and Chambéry.
The resort of Les Arcs represents a good investment opportunity thanks to the large number of properties available. There are 12,393 dwellings and 33,000 visitor beds and in the resort. Although Les Arcs' architecture is innovative and contemporary, its buildings still blend seamlessly with the natural environment. Most of the accommodation is in apartment residences, and there are very few individual chalets.
The resort was awarded the "20th Century Heritage" label in 2006 by the Regional Directorate of Cultural Affairs (DRAC). In Les Arcs, prices vary widely depending on the size of the property. Larger apartments with two or more bedrooms are becoming increasingly scarce. Studios with a mezzanine are highly sought after by prospective buyers.
Did you know ? 68% of the properties in Les Arcs are used as second homes.
One resort, five ways to invest
- Arc 2000 offers direct access to the ski slopes, and is an ideal investment location for ski enthusiasts and lovers of the high mountains
- Arc 1950 has an unspoiled natural setting. Prospective buyers will be captivated not only by the peace and tranquility, but also the Savoyard architecture and views of Mont Blanc. Visit our Arc 1950 agency and let our experts help you with your property projects!
- Surrounded by pine forest, Arc 1800 is the liveliest area of Les Arcs, and where the majority of the shops and services are to be found. The proximity of the slopes and lively après-ski and nightlife make this a popular choice for apartment buyers, who are generally younger than in other parts of the resort
- Arc 1600 has a central location, linked to the other areas of the resort. Prices here are more affordable and it is a popular place to buy a property for investors with families
- Bourg-Saint-Maurice is a lively little town with a population of 7,000. It is the valley staging point for easy access to each of the mountain villages that make up Les Arcs. The town appeals to prospective buyers looking for a more urban atmosphere, yet still with easy access to the slopes
Le saviez-vous ? New luxury residences are appearing in Les Arcs such as Bear Lodge which opens next winter.
Les Arcs stands out for the diverse character of each of the villages that make up the resort, and is an attractive destination for a real estate investment. We believe that Les Arcs is a resort with much to offer, and that buying a property here is a wise investment.
Certified customer reviews! Our company is a member of Opinion System, the leading provider of controlled customer reviews for professionals in the service, home, consulting and liberal activities sectors, certified ISO 20252, thus guaranteeing you authentic customer testimonials. Rather than trying to convince you to choose us, let our customers have their say. Click on the stars below to see their testimonials!